Friday, December 17, 2010

Starting Afresh Without Urgency

Yes I am still fasting from urgency. I just read yesterday's newspaper and mail. Actually there is good reason for that. Yesterday we had school all day, and then Hubby and I went out for our anniversary dinner. The day started with snow and slick roads, which was perfect since our wedding started in much the same way. On my way to school we passed a couple of people in the ditches, but this WV girl made it just fine. There were over 100 wrecks in our county yesterday. I had several kids not show for class. The high schoolers all made it there though. They took semester finals yesterday. We covered Romeo and Juliet, and then they took the test in class. I haven't graded them yet, but the kids said they felt good about it. After school I sent the boys home with a friend, and went home to Hubby. He and I went out to a steakhouse for dinner. They overcooked my steak so the manager brought me a new one, which was also overcooked. Then she brought out a third one as I was about done with the rest of my meal. She took my whole meal off the bill, and I brought home the two steaks for today's lunch. It was a bit wedding night reminiscent as we had so much trouble getting to the hotel that the kitchen was closed. They did give us a cheese and cracker tray that night. 21 years later and we still can't get a good meal! After dinner we came home and watched Notting Hill together on the couch. I knitted and Hubby suffered. He had a chunk taken out of his arm in the morning to make sure a spot is ok. We did have a cup of hot cocoa together. Here's to the next 21 years! Actually I told Hubby yesterday morning that I thought I might be having a bad omen. All in one morning I ran out of razor blades, shaving cream, deodorant, shampoo, and hairspray. He said he thought that was a good omen that meant we can always start afresh.

No comments: