Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Christmas Tacos

We had our first snow this past weekend. The boys were going to a friend's house to go caroling in their neighborhood, and Joyful Noise it snowed! I don't think it has ever snowed in December here, at least not this early. There was enough snow for them to throw some snowballs and a few houses' occupants made little snowmen. By Sunday lunch it was all gone again. So imagine the confusion when I started canning tomatoes last night. My brain doesn't know if it is summer or winter. I must say, however, it is much more comfortable to can in the winter than in the summer. Our greenhouse is turning out to be a good thing. My tomatoes are about done producing, but the ones on the vine are still good and ripening. The lettuce is absolutely gorgeous. We had taco salad last night and my husband's plate looked brilliant. The bright green lettuce and gorgeous red tomatoes mixed with the black beans and white rice made the meal as pretty as any Christmas lights. So perhaps I am mixed up with the seasons, but at least I am still in the Christmas mode.

No comments: