Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Is It Clean?

Getting back a day earlier than expected had its benefits. I was able to unpack and rest from the travels a day earlier. That meant that we could start working a day earlier. Hooray!! We are spring cleaning a little early this week, and yesterday was the bedrooms. I made a list of what had to be done in the bedrooms...wash baseboards, dust, sweep, mop, wash windows and walls, change sheets; the normal spring cleaning stuff... and each boy was to do his own room while I did mine. I knew that they wouldn't do it to the specifications I would like, but I deep cleaned their room this past summer, so I was willing to let it go to a little lower standard. While I was cleaning my room I ran across an article by Dave Barry. He was talking about Male Genetic Dirt Blindness. He said that a guy could look at a commode (toilet) and say it was clean enough for heart surgery or slicing meat, while a woman could look at the same commode and not even see a commode but only a swarm of commode-shaped bacteria. I quite agree. #1 came downstairs several times saying his room was finished and I would go upstairs and declare it NOT finished. There would still be dirt on the floor. He mopped around the garbage! He told me he dusted only to have me cover my finger with dust on his dresser. He about had a conniption when I said you actually have to take all of the books off the case to clean it properly. #2 wasn't any better. When I asked if he had dusted he answered yes, but he only has one spot that gets dusty. He has a bookcase, two dressers, a chest, a desk, and a bed...and only ONE SPOT gets dusty? Hello Commode. So last night about 8:00 as I was still working on my to-do list #1 says, "I have been noticing recently that you work an awful lot. What do you do for fun?" The nearly 14 year old son of a mother that has always worked hard has just noticed recently? I think this explains the heart surgery commode. At 10:30 when we headed to bed I realized that I had forgotten to clean the ceiling fan. I mentioned it to Hubby and he asked how would I be able to sleep knowing it was dirty. That wasn't funny. So today before we start on the new day's Spring Cleaning, I have to go back to yesterday's and clean a fan. Perhaps I will do a little heart surgery too.

No comments: