Thursday, May 05, 2011

Mustard Seeds

Today is the National Day of Prayer. I have been searching for answers in my own prayers lately. I was asked last week to be on the board for the local childrens' community theater. I would like to be on the board, but I also know that this year of sort-of-high school has been taxing on me. Our family is already commited to so many things that take a lot of my time. We also need to bump up some of those commitments in the coming year, so the thought of adding another thing is slightly stressful.
I emailed some friends who are currently on the board and who also homeschool and asked them what the time committment is. The answer didn't look much worse than what I already do when #1 is involved in one of the plays, so my thought was yes I will go ahead and do it.
But I wanted to spend another day in prayer about it. Then I looked at my email this morning and saw that today is the National Day of Prayer. "Great. God will be too busy listening to all of those important prayers and won't be able to handle mine." Honestly that was my first thought.
I certainly know that my God is bigger than that, but it truly was my first thought. How can I possibly expect great things from God when I can't even expect little things? I hope I have the faith of a mustard seed.

No comments: