Monday, May 02, 2011

When Average Is OK

Envirothon went really well. The weather was great, the kids well-behaved, and my judging experience beneficial. Besides that we came in tenth place in the state! AND we won first place in two of the categories!!! We placed first in Wildlife and Aquatics out of the whole state. That is amazing! I am very proud of my team.

When I got back home I checked my email and discovered #1's ACT results were in. He did very well. I had no idea what to expect; upon his return from the test he said he hoped he at least got a ten. He did well enough to get into many colleges, and is only a few points from getting into most colleges! He was pleased with his results, but assured me he isn't ready to leave for college just yet.

So in a family of above average kids, when is average ok? I'll tell you.

I was telling #2 that my cold will be gone in two more days. He asked how I know.
"The average cold lasts ten days and since mine started last Sunday it should be gone by then."
"But Mom," he replied, "you're above average, so you won't have an average cold!"
When it comes to colds I will take average...and lots of sleep.

No comments: