Saturday, May 21, 2011

Prom 2011

My handsome hunk of a son went to his first prom with three gorgeous girls. They thought they were Charlie's Angels. The two next to him are sisters and the other one might as well be. These four are all best friends, and they had a wonderful evening together.
#1 enjoyed his hat, and wouldn't you know it, best buddy got one for herself!
This cute little number is actually purple. For some reason it came out blue in all of the pictures. She showed it to me a long time ago and I said hold it up against #1. It didn't even come down low enough to cover the important stuff. Good thing he isn't a girl!
This sassy girl was so excited about her dress and shoes. This is an original design and altered to her exact proportions. She felt so glamorous and you could tell. She didn't stop smiling all night.
This babe is not as flamboyant as the others, but she is still very attractive. Flamboyance can be over-rated in the eyes of a mother with sons anyway! Her dress is pink with a black lace cover. She looked beautiful.
And here is the gigolo ready for a night on the town. He smiled a lot through the evening too. When he finally got home he told me he had a good time and wants to do it again next year! That means he had a fabulous time.
#1 took a rose to each girl. We used different tissue paper to match each girl's dress. Of course they didn't notice and picked up the wrong roses. Oh well. We tried. The funny part was that when I told #1 he needed to take them flowers he asked why. "To be polite!" That satisfied him. By the time I get him raised he should be quite the gentleman.
This was a staged picture. The daddys both pack guns, and the girls thought it would be funny for the dads to guard their daughters. In all actuallity the dads would probably side with my son. It was all in fun.
Taking off for dinner...They went to Olive Garden for dinner and then a local yogurt place for dessert. #1 said dinner was one of his favorite parts of the night. His other two favorites were dancing and sitting at the country club on the porch with his friends.
This was taken at the country club. I went out to dinner with friends and then drove over to the club. The kids came later and I took a few pictures. I wanted to see all of the pretty dresses and handsome guys. I have to say I was sort of disappointed. Prom dresses just aren't as pretty as they used to be. But our little group looked great!
Here they are walking into the dance. The mother of the girl on the left was a chaperone, so I hope to get some good pictures from her. I heard they had a lot of fun and #1 didn't lack for dance partners. One dance down, many more to go.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: