Thursday, October 20, 2011

BTW= Behind the Wheel

Remember back in July and August when #1 was taking Driver's Ed? Well he finished that the first week of August, and then he had to wait his turn to take the "Behind the Wheel" portion. His time finally came a couple of weeks ago. You have to go out three separate times with a professional instructor. I had no idea it would be such a long ordeal. You have to drive at least two hours each time, but you aren't allowed to drive alone with the instructor. That means you have to find a kid who can drive the same evening, and you are out for 5 hours!
 #1 had to leave from a high school that is on the other side of the county from us. I made sure to have him over there nice and early. The first day they drove around and afterward #1 told me that the instructor, a very large man, keeps the car frigid. The second afternoon after I dropped #1 off, I realized his jacket was still in the van with me. I knew where they were headed, to the high school near us to pick up another kid (yes, after I drove him way to the other side of the county!), so I followed him.
 It wasn't so much that I was following him as it was that I had to go that way to get home anyway. But my baby is freezing in that car, right?! So he needs his mommy to rescue him from the Frost King Driving Instructor. What else was I to do but follow?
 I followed him all of the way into the high school parking lot and around the lot twice! He was very, shall we say, embarrassed. I tried to take his picture while I was there but he was very adamant that I shouldn't. So I took his pretty driving partner's picture. She didn't mind at all. After all, I wasn't HER mother! The stunning thing about her is that she is from MORGANTOWN, WV!!! Is that not wild?!

I did manage to capture this dash into the car. See that jacket? I saved his life. What are mothers for?

No comments: