Monday, October 24, 2011

Friday Night Lights

Friday night was a sad night for my husband. WVU lost in a really bad way to Syricuse. Hubby had rushed home after his class in order to see as much of the game as he could. He had the computer hooked up to the tv so he could just turn it on as soon as he got home. Those Friday night lights weren't shining on happiness for him.
There were some other Friday night lights shining around here that did make some kids happy. We hosted the home schoolers' Middle School Hangout. We were showing an Alfred Hitchcock movie outside with a projector, and we had a fire going to warm up by and roast some marshmallows.
About 15 kids showed up and they ran all over this place. I think I should not set up movies unless the kids pick them out. They never seem to stay put for the ones I pick out. Not to worry, they still had lots of fun. The funny part was that they never stayed wherever the parents were.
Two parents stayed here with me, I had told the parents they could stay and hang out or just drop off the kids, and if we were watching the movie, the kids weren't. If we were by the fire, the kids weren't.
They ended up walking down the dirt road to chat and visit with each other. That seems to be the favorite pastime: talking and visiting. I am glad my boys have such nice kids to talk and visit with on a Friday night.

No comments: