Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Crazy, Goofy, Odd

I don't know how to describe some of the conversations that go on around here, but my family keeps me in stitches. I always think I am going to remember things to post later, and then of course I can't remember how they go. Here are a few:
I was walking past #1 not too long ago and noticed that there was a bulge under his shirt. I picked up his shirt to see that his pants' waist was hanging several inches out in front of him.
"You need a belt!"
"I'm an 'after,'" he joked.
------------
Hubby and I went to a funeral last week. The funeral was in another town and was at night. We left the boys at the house while we went to the funeral. When we came back, #1 was in the livingroom watching tv and talking on his computer.
"Who are you talking to," his dad asked.
"Susie (not his real answer)."
"Susie," I exclaimed.
"Yeah, he's really sensitive about his name," he piped right back.
-------------
Again with #1. He poured some milk in the kitchen and walked into the diningroom with it. He spilled the milk in the kitchen and continued walking to the diningroom, dripping milk the whole way. His father remarked on it, and he said he would clean it up.
"I already caught most of it with my sock," he replied.
"Maybe that explains why my foot was sticking to the floor this morning," Hubby went on.
"Wow. How did you get sticky feet?"
"From the orange juice you spilled in the morning."
"You should wear socks," said #1.
"Yeah, when I was packing my bag for the retreat I found a dirty pair of milk catchers in there," Hubby exclaimed. #1 had used Hubby's bag on one of our trips and had left a dirty pair of socks for the next bag user to enjoy.
----------
I really can't think of any silliness from #2 right at the moment, but he does keep me laughing too. Sadly, though, he is at the age where everyone thing is about him, and everyone intends to "dis" him. So he spends a lot of time sad at the way his brother has treated him or because we have laughed at him. I remember #1 going through this a couple of years ago, so I guess it is a normal stage.
#2 is such a more optimistic kid than #1 that I am hoping it won't be as extreme as it was a couple of years ago. I am only getting older, you know!

No comments: