Friday, October 14, 2011

Labor Day Beer Pong

Last summer my mother-in-law told the boys she had bought a fun game for them to play the next time we get together. She said you try to bounce a ping pong ball into a cup and if you get it in the other person has to drink the cup. "That's called Beer Pong, Grandma," said my older homeschooled boy. Yes, she is that innocent, and yes he does get out in the world.
 So when we got together with the family over Labor Day weekend, the grandkids and the rest of us had to try it out. Grandma said we were going to use prune juice, but we went with Cream Soda instead. Thank goodness! Prune juice could have caused some very bad problems for the female team, which lost miserably!
 I did not manage to get a single ball in the cup when we played guys against girls. Then we set up a play off of one-on-one. I evidently was using my wily poker skills the first practice round.
 I think I started playing in the second round of the individuals, and it went in the other person's cup every time!! Seldom did I have to drink anything myself.
 Here is Preacher Man giving it a shot. He didn't do very well. I suppose the congregation will be glad to hear that!

 Now look at all of the drinking! What's that? You don't see me? Hmmm.
 What were we thinking playing right before bed?! Sugar rush!!

 Even Grandma, the game initiator, had to gulp down her share of cream soda.
So that is our family. The grandma teaches the kids to play Beer Pong with the preacher, and the preacher's wife wins!--------- This may embarrass my M-I-L. Sorry. I'm sure everyone knows you are really that innocent and naive.

No comments: