Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Goofy Again

And here is one that happened last night at dinner...
#1 and I were discussing his History project to be shared with the club today. His assignment was to find a fairy tale story during the historical period he is studying and share why this story was popular. He is studying Ancient Greece currently, so he chose the myth of Pandora's Box. I asked him what the moral of the story is and he answered, "Curiosity killed the cat."
"No it was wine and a bad liver," said #2.
"Who would give wine to a cat," snorted #1.
"Someone with a vineyard and a bad batch," I responded.
And then quietly and very soberly Hubby says, "Well you have to marinade them first you know."
I nearly shot tea through my nose! He is always so understated in his humor that it catches me by surprise.
Just another family dinner at our house. What is that they say about the family that eats together lasts longer? I guess that doesn't include the family cat!

No comments: