Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Shotgun Affair

While we were home in WV for the holiday last month, my dad took the boys out in the field for a little target practice. #2 is planning to go hunting with my dad this fall over the Thanksgiving break.

So they loaded up the gun and sited it in.

Tiny Pap gave them some pointers.

And then POW!! That sure was loud.

#2 did pretty well. If it had been a deer it would have been dinner. I hope he is as lucky next month!

My dad did his best to prepare #1 who isn't as "gun ho" about the whole thing.

Poor guy had his face too close to the site and smashed it against his eye when it kicked back. He didn't care to shoot anymore after that. He wouldn't be hunting anyway. He is too soft hearted. You should have seen him trying to kill a bug in the shower this morning. He better marry a strong stomached woman is all I have to say.

Sorry about the picture, Mom. I didn't see that you had your eyes closed or I would have taken another one. These are my parents and my favorite boys in front of some very beautiful sunflowers. My parents' garden is much more productive than my own.


I love WV. It is definitely Almost Heaven.

No comments: