Saturday, March 10, 2012

Allergy Meds and Sleep

 Just over a week ago I got some new critters. A friend was driving over to a town to get some new chicks, and they had the kind I like, so I asked her to get a few for me. Ten is a few when you are speaking of chicks. Now, we have had a very mild winter, rarely even getting down to freezing at night, so I thought March would be fine for going ahead with the chick idea. Of course, just a couple days after they arrive, we have the coldest weather all winter, and I had to bring the chicks in at night.
I was having allergy problems last night, so I took an allergy pill partway through the night. Boy will that mess with your dreams. I dreamed that these little chicks were being taunted by "Tom", the cartoon cat, and I was so drugged I couldn't do anything but hiss at him as he slowly ate my chicks. I could hear the bones crunching. Ugh.

This is a panda preparing for an Odyssey of the Mind competition. It was supposed to be Spring Break for us here this week, but the teams had to do a lot of last minute prep and so the week was spent at practices. #2 and his dad got up at 5:30 this morning to get ready to leave. The competition is about 1 1/2 hours away.

 The kids have worked all school year on  getting this ready. Their problem was to make a skit that solves two problems and helps the community. They made up a skit about pandas being poisoned. I watched it last Wednesday, and I was rolling laughing. They were hilarious with what all they thought up. This is my poor panda in jail below. He uses his great-grandmother's tin cup to bang on the bars!
 They had to practice outside. The competition is at a school, so I hope it goes well. They should be used to dealing with a lot more distractions, like wind, sun, a cat that sprays, etc. Good luck Buddy!
Hubby is the one who took #2 to competition, but he is also there as a coach. He coached the high school team this year. Our high school son did not participate, so KUDOS to my Hubby for stepping out of his boundaries and helping the kids out.

No comments: