Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Winterfest

 As I have said before, February was a terribly busy month. So you are just now getting some of the pictures. In mid-February I helped chaperone the youth at Winterfest in Gatlinburg, TN. This was my fourth year to go, and I really enjoy it. The kids are awesome, and the event itself is fabulous.
 This year the topic was Spiritual Disciplines, and they did a super job of using technology to bring it down to the kids' level. Above are some of the topics we covered over the short time that we were there.
 A good amount of time is spent visiting with each other as we wait in line. After our first year, we realized it is more fun if you take a friend. So ever since my boys have taken friends with them. Above is #1 and below is his weekend buddy. They are in some classes together, 4H, and other events. Both are preacher's kids, so I think they have a little in common there too.

 #2 is still my buddy a lot of the time. He did take a friend, pictured below, but he also spent some time with me on the sky lift. Not because I wanted to go on it, but because his friend backed out after the ticket was already purchased. The tickets are usually something like $15, so we never go, but because of President's Day weekend, the tickets were $1. So I rode along. Oh My Word!! In the last couple of years I have noticed that I can't go as high as I used to. Well it is official, I AM AFRAID OF HEIGHTS.
It was another good time. Of course we returned worn out and ready to sleep, but that never gets to happen. Now Spring Break is over, we are back in school, and there are only 8 weeks left of school. At least that seems to be a light at the end of my tunnel.

No comments: