Saturday, March 24, 2012

Wash Day

Thursdays are "Wash Day" at my house. I wash all of the laundry, clean house, and wash the dog in the evening. This Thursday she got her bath a little early. I had mopped the hallway while Hubby was gone, and when he came home, he let the mutt in. She had gone for a walk with #1, but didn't stay with him. Her feet were covered in mud! She was lying on my newly mopped floor with her extremely muddy feet rubbing all over the hallway.
I put her out, but when #1 came back from his walk, in she came again. She knew she would get in trouble for it, so she hid in the diningroom. "Did you let the dog in when you came in?"
"Yeah."
"NOOO!!!" and out she went.
So I washed the sunroom/mudroom, and then stuck her in the tub out on the porch. As I washed her back and belly everything seemed normal, but when I lifted her feet to see if the mud had soaked off, it was still plastered to her. That was when I decided that it wasn't mud. I think it was concrete. Ugh.
I had heard a large truck earlier in the day, the sort of sound of a truck rolling off concrete... I didn't go over to the neighborhood to check if my suspicions were valid, but I am pretty sure someone is probably not happy over there. I will have to keep a closer eye on that dog.
I have unsuccessfully tried to get rid of her over the years, but the longer I have her, the more I think she is good for me. She is the constant reminder that I am a sinful sap myself, and I make people unhappy with me too. I am glad that God washes me over and over instead of letting me wallow in the sin of cement that clings to my feet.

No comments: