Monday, March 12, 2012

High Society

I was picking up sticks one day over Spring Break and out of the corner of my eye I saw the goats go running by. They were followed by the chickens. We hadn't mown the yard yet, and the grass was higher than in the pasture, so I thought the goats would enjoy running around a bit. Then I wondered, what must the neighbors think of these hillbilly bumpkins?
I do know that most people don't think farm animals should wander through your yard, but they are so wonderful to watch. The goats scamper and head butt each other, the chickens chase the returning butterflies, and the dog thinks she's the boss of them all.
So I was telling all of this to my husband while we were out on a date. Again I wondered with him if people think I don't know how to behave in high society. Then, while taking a spoonful of my soup, I splashed hot soup in my eye and about cried. I wear glasses!! How is that even possible!? Perhaps I'm not as high society as I think.

No comments: