Friday, March 16, 2012

A Week in Review

Sometimes I dream about what it must be like to be a stay-at-home homeschool mom.The wonderful times you spend with your kids, molding their minds, sharing classic literature, creating works of art...it must be fantastic.
Monday:  Make sure something is in the crockpot before heading out the door, because the only question anyone in my house ever asks is what are we eating. It is the most important thing to learn evidently. Teach about 30 kids besides my own.
Tuesday: Don't worry about dinner today because it is Guy's Night Out. Head to History Club with extra work to do while we wait afterward. Go bowling with 4-H. Take the younger kid to the orthodontist. It still isn't time for him to get braces, about 3-5 more teeth to lose first. Back home to hand off the kids, and then head out to speak at the home school support meeting.


Wednesday: Dye my child's head blue. Yes, blue. Dinner was breakfast with pancakes and bacon. Also went to see the radiologist, who did a "smashing" job by the way. Everything seems to be fine since no one called me to come back yet. Made some changes to the Easter Skit, and met with the youth for the first read through and practice.
Thursday: LOTS of laundry. The bedding needed to be cleaned, so it was more laundry than usual, but what a wonderful day for the clothesline! Afternoon was spent going to the dump, stopping by a car dealership to see if we won anything in their contest, dropping off #1 at the radio station to read to the blind, and dropping #2 off at Give 2 the Troops to help our soldiers. What did I do in my free time? Grade other kids' papers of course! And I know you are wondering...ravioli with meat sauce, salad, zucchini, and garlic bread.
Friday: Finish the laundry that I couldn't get to yesterday. Grade more papers, make tests for my high schooler, and of course fix dinner. I'm thinking Pizza Delivery!

So does anyone know where I can find a stay-at-home homeschooling mom? I would like to meet one.

No comments: