Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Minutiae?

Some days the thankful list is quite easy. The events of the day make it easy to see what big thing I am grateful for; today isn't one of those days. Today I am grateful for the tiny things in life. Thank you God for my health, the baby chicks that run all over chasing imaginary insects, my children snuggled on the couches while I read to them, and a husband who likes to kiss me even after 23 years. Thank you for a mother-in-law who takes care of her mother and tells me the funny stories of that responsibility. Thank you for the CPA friend who was finally able to come back to church this evening. Thank you for another friend who found a sympathy card for a dog who died and sent it to me. Thank you for helping us get the underside of our house fixed.
It might not have been a day that had a big event showing God's grace and benevolence, but it was a great day to remember how blessed I am. Thank you God.

No comments: