Friday, April 13, 2012

Thankfulness

We have been needing to make some house repairs, but have been unsure about which repairs are absolutely necessary and which are most important. So for several months I have been praying that God would show me what decision to make. Finally I felt like it was to be "Under the House Repairs". I made the call to a guy who had been recommended last fall, and he came out Wednesday to look it over. Thursday I went to the bank to make a deposit. When I got home Hubby told me the amount of the repair- it was $100 less than what my deposit now made our account. God had supplied the money right when it was needed. And it wasn't regular money either; it was Easter money from our folks, winnings from a contest, and a late payment from a student.
So yesterday's thankfulness was God's faithfulness to communicate with me and to provide exactly what I need.
-------------
I was quite busy yesterday and didn't get to post, so here is an extra thankfulness for you...
#1 volunteers at a radio station to read the local paper to the blind in the area. Yesterday was his turn and I dropped him off, expecting to come home and finish some of my chores before picking him up again. I was nearly home when he called to say I might as well come back; he couldn't contact the director, the paper had been stolen, and the reader that was to help didn't show up. Instead of bailing him out, I bought another paper and went to help him.
I was, at first, irritated that my schedule was being trifled with, but quite quickly found a blessing in it. I am VERY able to stop and read the paper any time my head takes a notion to, but so many people do not have that ability. Either they can't see, can't read, or can't afford it. What a blessing it was to be able to help those less fortunate to have an opportunity to hear the local news. Thank you God for everyday blessings that I don't even think about.
------------
And on that note, I would like to ask prayers for a special little baby born about a week ago. Asa was born without eyelids. The MRI shows that he does have eyes, so perhaps surgery is a possibility, though whether he has sight in the eyes is unknown at this time. Please pray that God will give Asa a chance to see this beautiful world that He made for us.

No comments: