Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Sick Day

I might be too mean of a Boss. My older son woke up yesterday feeling lousy. Actually, Monday he got up feeling poorly, definitely with a sore throat and then sneezing, but he went to school anyway. Tuesday, he had trouble getting up. So I let him skip History club, community service at the park, and the regular 4H meeting. However, I made him go to the other 4H meeting where he is a leader. I thought it would be good for him to realize sometimes you work through the pain. Evidently he already knew that...
Picked him up and headed out. "Did you sleep today?"
"No."
"You didn't take a nap?!"
"No, I had to get my school work done. All I have left is math."
"I left you at home so you could rest. I thought you would sleep between activities."
So he stayed home from Guys' Night Out. He was on the computer, and I asked if he would like some soup for dinner. The look of relief and gratitude made me ask what he had for lunch while I was gone. Long, confused look followed by, "I don't think I had lunch." Based on the dishes in the sink, I would agree with him. Then he says, "Can I please quit Math now? I only did half an hour, but my head is killing me."
Maybe I better hide my whip for a while!

No comments: