Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Testing

Today we began testing; that three day period of coloring in bubbles, eating great snacks, and seeing old friends. Testing is a wonderful experience with the homeschoolers. Perhaps schools just don't do it right. Our students' teachers are not paid according to how their students perform, nor is our school money allocated according to test results. So, really, there is very little stress on the kids and the teachers.
I am proctoring high school this year. That means today I graded papers and knitted. Tomorrow I think I will do some planning for next year and make a grocery list. I usually have to proctor the little kids since I used to teach Kindergarten. That means reading the test to them and giving constant supervision. High school is a special treat!
So what do you suppose I am thankful for today? You got it! Testing!

--------
I realize I haven't posted in a couple of days. I have been worn out. Sunday I was thankful for time to be with my church family. I really do love those people. But I was also thankful for the opportunity to celebrate resurrection. We have had so much death around here lately that it was nice to be reminded of life that never ends.
Monday I was thankful for such a great group of people who help me with my homeschool walk. I have great friends and companions who commiserate, encourage, and relate. I also love that the boys have great friends who are good influences on them. I really do love all of those kids.

No comments: