Tuesday, May 08, 2012

County Activity Day


Last evening was our first County Activity Day. In the past we have done presentations at the county level by signing up for a time and just heading over to the building to give it. But a new agent means new ways, and so we were at the Ag Center for a couple of hours last night.
It wouldn't have been so bad if I hadn't dropped a set of drawers on my foot earlier in the day. My big toe was throbbing, and sitting on chairs with my foot on the floor was't helping. I think I mashed it pretty badly, but I have decided it isn't broken. My diagnosis anyway, and it's free.
You have to dress up for presentations, and my boys looked so handsome I could have cried. I was proud of my boys. I had a friend take a picture of me with them since we so seldom all get dressed up. Don't they look great!?

#2 was able to see his Buddy, and that made his day. Buddy has been removed from our lives, and it has been hard on #2. They had a good time visiting and giggling like old friends do, and made arrangements to get together on Saturday when the older kids go to Prom.





My Camera is acting up. I have changed some of the settings and don't know how to get back to the way it used to be. So a lot of my pictures are turning out blurry. But here you go anyway.

#2 gave the same presentation as he did last year. As long as you don't win gold at State, you can keep giving the same presentation. So his was "Prescribed Burns: Just What the Doctor Ordered."






#1 was in the Public Speaking category with the same speech as last year, "War: What Is It Good For?"











We were in a room with 7 presenters, and all won first place for their categories, since there was no competition. District and State are much more competitive. They did do an over all first and second place, though. #2 received Second Place Overall.

So now we head to District Activity Day near the end of June. It will be in Elizabeth City, NC. I have never been there, so at least I can look forward to seeing some new sights, oh and my kids' presentations, of course.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: