Saturday, May 12, 2012

PROM 2012

Has it really been a YEAR since the last prom?!

Yes, Mom, it has. He let me fix his hair this year, and it looked nice. You can still see some blue in it, and I said something about it as well as another young friend saying something, so he is happy. We tried to get his contacts in, but no luck. He has such long eyelashes it is hard to do.

He wanted a vest to wear this year with his suit. He heard some of the other guys were wearing vests. Peer pressure unintended.

The theme this year is "Masquerade". He was looking forward to wearing his mask that he bought a couple of years ago in Gatlinburg. He tried, but it was just too heavy to stay up.

He has a date this year. Ugh. I like the girl, but is it really necessary? Best friends is much better in my opinion.

They both had masks. I had bought some a while back at the Dollar Tree, and I was taking them with me. He was a bit interested in wearing this one since it was lighter. But when we got to the event, he took it off since no one else had one on. I sent the masks in with another grown-up chaperone. Perhaps someone will wear them.

I did hang out in the background away from #1 so that I could see all the pretty pictures. I was more impressed this year. The girls looked great! This is one of #1's good friends and her date is one of my students. He will be going with #1 to be a Governor's Page next week.

Isn't she gorgeous? Her daddy was walking in and I asked what he thought of her. "She looks too grown up to me. But she is beautiful." I would agree.

I love this dress. She looks like a model. Her mother found this for $20!!! Can you believe it? Who says gorgeous has to be expensive?

AANNDD we're blurry again. I put it in anyway so the grandparents can see sort of what it was like. This is #1 and one of his good friends. (The one that said he was wearing a vest.) He also had on black tennis shoes. I'm glad #1 didn't go with that knowledge. They looked good together though.

Here is my private student. She calls her boyfriend "That Boy". He is in college and she graduates this year.

I came across the woman in charge of decorating and she invited me in to see what the room looks like. The kids won't see it until the actual dance. The committee wanted a candy bar, so the table is filled with glassware containing all kind of candy.

This is just a decorated area. I thought it might be where they were taking pictures, but it isn't. They will put photos on photobucket, and I can get some then for you GPs. Lovely times.

No comments: