Wednesday, May 02, 2012

School's Out...Sort of

Our co-op finished on Monday!! That is three classes down, one more to go. I will finish with my private student next Wednesday. Of course, my own children still have some classes to finish up, but they asked to sleep in this morning. Monday, of course, was busy, and then yesterday was a full-throttle day that started at 8:00 AM. and went until 8:00 PM. I am so ready to settle down.
So for your reading enjoyment I thought I would throw a little anecdote in for free.
Last week #1 went on his first date. He was to meet the girl at the movie theater. He had asked me if he could ask her to the movies, and I agreed. He did NOT, however, ask me if he could have a ride to the movies. So just before we needed to leave, Hubby asked me if I was driving #1 there. I responded that I supposed I was though he hadn't asked me for a ride.
"#1 you're going to be late," Hubby yelled.
"Why?"
"You didn't leave yourself enough time to get to the theater."
"We have plenty of time."
"Not if you're walking there."
"Mom is driving me."
"You didn't ask her to drive you."
"I just thought that was her job."
In all actuality the boy doesn't think, so I don't imagine he intended what it sounded like, but WHEW! He was informed that it is not my JOB to take him places, and I don't think he will make that mistake again. Fifteen is fun if you keep a sense of humor about you.

No comments: