Thursday, May 17, 2012

It Feels Better Than It Looks

This is my good friend and her daughter. They caught up to me and #2 as we were sitting on the beach. We invited them to join us.
 The kids had hiked down there last year and knew about a wall of clay. They were hoping to find it and get some clay out of the hillside. Finally we came upon a rocky part of the shore. It looked like sharp rocks were strewn all over the riverbank.
Of course were walking in the water by this time, and we noticed that what looked like sharp little rocks, were actually soft and pliable pieces of clay. Walking along the water was like having a foot massage with thick foam.
We even talked my friend into joining us in the water. She was as surprised and as pleased as we were. Wouldn't it be wonderful if everyone joined us in the call of the Potter? "Come in and let me mold you, it won't hurt as much as you think," He calls. Listen to Him. Join Him.
So I went to the potter's house, and sure enough, the potter was there, working away at his wheel. Whenever the pot the potter was working on turned out badly, as sometimes happens when you are working with clay, the potter would simply start over and use the same clay to make another pot.
Then God's Message came to me, "Can't I do just as this potter does, people of Israel? GOD'S Decree! "Watch this potter. In the same way that this potter works his clay, I work on you, people of Israel." Jeremiah 18 The Message

No comments: