Monday, May 21, 2012

Just Call Me C.

I was walking through the bedroom yesterday when I told Hubby, "Just call me C. (his mother's name)"
"Huh?"
"I feel like your mother. I am unpacking from one trip, washing laundry, and packing for the next trip."
It seems that is all his mother does. They are gone a lot of the time. We were on vacation last week, and when we got back I had to wash laundry so #1 could pack for a week in Raleigh. He left this morning and will be back Friday. He is going to be a Governor's Page for the week. That of course is NOT the highlight for him. He is staying ALONE in a hotel with two of his friends. A mom is checking on them every other night, so we feel pretty safe leaving them, but still it was a little disconcerting this morning as I thought about what it meant.
He has to get himself up, fed and dressed, and walk to work by, I think, 8 AM. The other boys are his age, so we will see how it goes. They have to wear a shirt, tie, and jacket every day. As I helped #1 pick out his ties I told him some didn't match. "Why?" "I don't know why, they just don't match." So I packed the ties with the appropriate shirts, and I hope that he will end up wearing the right ones. I also gave him instructions about which socks with which pants, but since his socks often don't match EACH OTHER I am not too sure that the socks and pants have any hope of matching.
Oh the joys of growing up.
----------
Vacation pix coming soon, but to let you know... We had a lovely time. It was so nice to be out of the routine and relax. I read FOUR!!! books. Ones I wanted to read, not ones I HAD to read. Pure Heaven.

No comments: