Sunday, May 06, 2012

Trusting God

After church today we stopped at Dickey's for lunch. My main objective was to get some super okra; they have the best in town! What I didn't expect was to get a lesson from God.
I sat at the table waiting on my family to walk over with the food, when I noticed a little boy, about five years old, tapping his daddy on the waist band. I couldn't hear them, but I knew the boy asked his dad for something. The dad motioned to wait a moment, and after ordering talked with the boy. The boy looked up at his dad with such love and awe. He definitely thought highly of his daddy.
After their brief discourse, the man went back to ordering, and the little boy noticed a sign. It was an arrow nailed to the wall that said, "Fill your cravin' this way". The arrow pointed which way the line of customers should proceed. "That says 'Enter"," the little boy said. Over and over he told his dad until the man listened."That says, 'Enter'." The man nodded his head in agreement, and down the line they went hand in hand.
Wow, I thought, that is me and my Father. I ask Him about things, and he takes the time to answer me, reassuring me. Then I look around and read His signs, but not fully. I am not ready to see what His signs really say. I have an idea, an inkling, but total comprehension is not mine yet. But my Father takes me by the hand, and I trustingly follow Him to the next stop on my path.
The guys came to the table then, and my revery was disturbed, but as I think back on it now I know what I really had for lunch wasn't okra and brisket, it was a dish of delectable trust served in the hand of a little child grabbing his daddy's fingers.

No comments: