Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Life After Death

 Continuing to sit on my personal beach, I watched the boats drift past. As I followed this one through the trunks of the trees, I noticed in the distance a dead tree with a nest in the top of it.
 An osprey had built its nest in the still standing tree. It must have once been a magnificent tree, full of branches and leaves, blowing in the wind, raising its arms to God in holy praise. Now, it would seem, it had died, and all of that was over. But no, the osprey had built its nest and was calling to its mate. New life was being formed in the middle of the mess.
You could look at that many ways. The new Christian is transformed from a mess to a masterpiece. Or at the end of this life there will be a new life, better than before. But the message I took that day, was that my life will affect others' lives even after I am gone. Am I living in such a way that I will be a helpful tree in my Father's forest, or will there be nothing left of me to help those that follow?
Help me God to become a strong tree that will offer rest and respite even after I die.

No comments: