Saturday, May 19, 2012

State Speech Contest

#2 gave a speech last week at the State SWCD Speech Contest. He looked so handsome standing up there on that stage. I could tell that he was turning into a man before my eyes.

 The speech theme was "Wetlands Are Wonderful". His speech compared his relationship with Best Buddy to the relationship that we should have with wetlands. We should protect each other, enjoy each other, etc. He did a good job. He made Honorable Mention, but in my book he did Excellently! This was probably his best speech performance ever, and it was in front of about a hundred people. He was shaking when he got down off the stage. I think it was the adrenalin rush.
I was very proud of my boy!
_________
He is definitely growing. I got him new clothes a few days before the contest. By the time he competed he had already outgrown them.

No comments: