Wednesday, October 04, 2006

I am the most strong-willed, stubborn, irritating woman! I have spent the last nine months trying to slow down my life, to put aside the unnecessary, to care for my family in a non-stressful environment, and yet, when something good comes up, I just have to do it. There is a pie baking contest at the fair today, and the pies are served to the senior citizens. I like to bake, I owe my husband a pie, and it would be a good way to serve others, so I intended to be in the contest. But my last couple of weeks have been hectic and I can tell things are getting out of hand. So I told myself that if I can get to it fine, but if not that is fine, too. UNTIL, my husband told me I am not allowed to be in the contest. Now, he said that because he knows I have struggled with this busy lifestyle, and he is trying to help me. But just the fact that he told me I can't do it, made me want to do it all the more! How can I still be struggling with such a simple thing like submission to my loving husband? I hate rules and being told I can't do something. I like being an adult and making my own decisions. In being told what to do, I felt an electricity go through me that was full of challenge and spite. How can I possibly be submissive to God, deep within my heart, when I can not acknowledge the good my husband intends for me by helping me slow down my life? I thought I was past this- pride does goeth before a fall.

No comments: