Thursday, October 12, 2006

We have been having trouble with our server the last few days. I called yesterday, and talked to a guy in Carlisle, PA. We used to get on the turnpike in Carlisle! Anyway, he was able to give me some help and hopefully we will stop having these difficulties. ___________________ Reading a new book by Nouwen, The Journey to Daybreak. Today it was this that struck me: Nouwen was visiting with a journalist who told this story about his four-year-old daughter. A bird had flown into the window and died. They had a small family funeral and the dad asked the daughter if she wanted to pray. "Yes. Dear God, We buried this bird. Please take good care of it, and if you don't I'll kill you. Amen." Nouwen said this shows the heart of a human. When you are afraid (she was worried for the bird), you kick into survival mode- kill or be killed. How you react as an adult, depends on who has taught you. I was taught by such good people all through my life. I had a great childhood, good church, friendly small town. I married a man who had the same. I have had good friends. How different would my life be if I hadn't had these advantages? Thank you God for the blessings of my life.

No comments: