Friday, October 13, 2006

I was accosted by goats this morning. They can all get into the pen when I try to milk Millie, so now there is no peace. Darkie is a climber, with graceful, slender legs that end in sharp little hoofs. She likes to climb up my back and chew on my clothes. Today- not the first time- she took a running leap and landed in my lap! It is difficult to milk a goat and have another leap into your lap, landing on sharp little hooves. So I will be repairing the pen this weekend. ______________ Now, here is a story for you! I received a call from a friend last night wanting to ask a question. Could I possibly adopt 3 chickens and a duck from her friend? The story went on...She has them in her attic. WHAT?! Well because a snake ate 2 of the chickens she needs to get rid of them. She has a snake in her attic, too?! No, the snake was outside, that's why she had them in the attic. So why didn't she have a pen for them? Because they were for a wedding. WHAT?! I said this is funnier than a HillBilly story! So I spoke to the friend and gave her directions. She will arrive with the animals this morning. But we are only fostering the duck, "When it turns white can I have it back to give to my neighbor?" Strange.

No comments: