Wednesday, October 18, 2006

The only highlight yesterday was my date. The trip's miscommunications, a dead rooster, no real answer to the chicken dilemma, too much time on the phone...need I go on? I have a great looking husband, who still opens doors, even in the rain, and it was nice to catch him stealing glances at me, even with a haircut. We came home and watched another movie that had come in the mail. So I was able to forget my troubles for a little while. I was thinking about the silence of death this morning. (Perhaps I needed more silence!) I went out this morning to take care of the animals and had to clean out the cage that Red had died in. I disposed of his body and poured water through the cage. Listening to the quiet morning sounds and the rush of water in the bucket gave me a feeling of solitude. It was enjoyable on a spiritual level.

No comments: