Monday, December 11, 2006

Last week was the first week of our winter break from school. #2 didn't want to watch cartoons on Saturday, but asked to do school work! He said he had had enough vacation. I get that way too. I need some days to relax and not feel any demands, but then it is time to get back to work. We saw on 20/20 not long ago, a clip of rich kids and why they do or do not work. One of the guys, an Italian I believe, said he tried working but it wasn't fun. He is having too much fun partying and enjoying life. I can't imagine doing nothing but partying and vacationing. ____________ Everyone will be happy to hear that we have a Christmas tree up. The boys put it up with the babysitter on Saturday. We put it in the dining room this year, so maybe I will get to enjoy it. I have put it in the livingroom before and didn't really see the sense of having a tree. I rarely go in the livingroom and so I never saw it. I like our tree. It is about 4 feet tall and fake; nothing special really. Until you hear that it was my mother-in-law's tree when she was a little girl. The decorations are the originals. There is even one, on the tree now, that is from Czechoslavakia. That isn't even a country anymore! Our tree is a bit of family history.

No comments: