Thursday, December 28, 2006

Well, we got out some of the Christmas gift games yesterday and learned how to play them. The boys got one called Made for Trade, about trading and payment during Colonial Times. The other was a trivia game for US history and geography. I know it was made for 9 years and up, but some of those questions were very easy. I guess some were difficult too, though. We unpacked a lot yesterday, but have to finish up today. I like that the boys are getting more independent. I gave them a stack of things yesterday and said, "Find a home for it." They wanted to know what if there wasn't room, and I said then you have to get rid of something. They seemed to do pretty well with it. I mailed out Christmas letters yesterday. Before we left, I had the boys stuff them, address, and stamp them. Then we left them sitting in the floor, so they got mailed after Christmas. Millie did ok while we were gone. I got a friend's son to milk for us while we were gone, and he did a good job. I was surprised by his sisters who thought the idea of milking was disgusting. Anyway, Millie was a stomper to the poor boy, and she tried it with me yesterday, but settled down today. I just can't believe she is still letting Elvis nurse!! ___________ We found a sink hole in the yard yesterday as we were looking for eggs. It's not a good sign. We have our realtor looking for someone who can check on our water retention problem under the house, and I have a feeling this is part of it. Happy New Year.

No comments: