Monday, January 14, 2008

I cleaned out my van yesterday. I only took out the garbage and vacuumed; it still needs to have the vinyl washed and the whole outside washed, of course. I bought the van a little less than two years ago. I test drove a Yukon. The boys and I really liked the Yukon---leather seats, drove like a breeze, nice and roomy. Except for the trunk. There was hardly any space in the "trunk" and to get to the third seat was going to be a big hassle. So for the ease of life I said "no" to the Yukon and took the much more practical Honda mini-van. It was a good decision. In the last two weeks the van has hauled a dog, LOTS of children, animal feeds, groceries, food for dinners, packages, luggage, and goats. Yes, goats. I bought two goats yesterday and hauled them home in a dog carrier cage. The Beverly Hillbillies never rode in such style. I doubt that is what Honda intended with their mini-van, but it would have been good advertising to me. ------------ The goats are Nigerian Dwarf goats. They are about the size of small sheep. They are both supposed to be pregnant, due at the end of April. Nigerians are supposed to be pretty good milkers for their size, soI am hoping for some fresh milk this spring. For now we are all trying to get used to each other. The goats are trying to decide who is the boss of the field. The biggest and oldest goat, Darkie, doesn't really care. She hasn't taken over in any way; she just wants peace and quiet with a little gentle petting. Sounds good to me.

No comments: