Friday, January 04, 2008

I spent a whole day writing our Christmas/New Year's Letter this week. All of that writing and editing put me on hold to write any more. It was fun to read back through my year of all that had been said. The kids are so funny, and they get it from their dad! --------- The year seems to be having a rough start for some people close to me. A friend left last night to go be with her dad. He was starting to have respiratory failure. He has been doing some experimental procedures and it didn't go well a couple weeks ago, I guess. He has cancer. Another friend found out her aunt, who has no other family, has masses through her body. The friend will likely move herself and her kids down to be with the aunt and help care for her. We will miss them terribly. I am still fighting some type of infection in my toe. It started before Christmas, and is seeming to get worse. I can't wear regular shoes. I was in the grocery yesterday with all my sweatsuit and cold weather attire, and sandals on my sock feet. I got several weird looks. ---------- #2 had his birthday party on New Year's Eve. The kids stayed up and had a great time. I think I wrote that already. But then, they went outside and played all day together. At 1:00 I asked if they wanted to go to a movie with us, and they did, but wanted to go home first. So their mom picked them up and we picked them up after that an hour later. We went to see The Water Horse. What a great movie! People even clapped at the end. My mom asked if it has a great moral. No not really, it is just a nice story. --------- I did borrow a man (billy goat) for Darkie. He seems to have done the job, although we won't really know for a few more months. The fellow seems happy here, a big field to roam and a girl at his beck and call. What more could a man want? ----------- Did you hear the Mountaineers won the Fiesta Bowl? What a wonderful thing for them. Morgantown was all astir about Rodriguez leaving like he did. I am glad they won and could put that in his ear and blow! The way he left was so selfish and irresponsible. ----------- I tried triple coupons at the store yesterday. I got up at 6 a.m. so I wouldn't have to deal with a bunch of people on my first try. It went great, except that I forgot the 20 coupon rule and so didn't get as many triples as I had hoped. I went back later and tried again with some other things. Did great again and DID remember the rule. I got things for 14 and 19 cents, and a few things free! ------------- One last thing and I think you will be caught up on our lives. It is COLD here! It was to go down to 15 last night. Today is 47 and all week to get higher, until next week is back in the 70s, but for now we are COLD! Hubby says if you are going to be this cold at least have the decency to snow! I think we all agree.

No comments: