Thursday, January 24, 2008

We went on a double date last week with some friends from church. The boys stayed with the friends' older kids while we went to dinner and a movie. We saw Juno. We all enjoyed it, but I don't know that I can recommend it to anyone. It could be taken different ways by different people. It is about a 16 year old who ends up pregnant and decides to give the baby up for adoption. When we got the kids back and were headed home the boys asked if we had a nice time. "Yes." What did you see? "Juno." What's it about? --At this point I am wishing we didn't have such polite, interested children! "A girl that misbehaved." What did she do? "Just misbehaved." Did she steal or tell a lie? Ok...I guess I have to deal with this. "She misbehaved and had a baby." #2 responds with "I thought having babies is a good thing." "Yes, but not when you are in high school and 16." That is when the fun began! #2: "It's good that we are homeschooled. When you go to public high school they make girls take birth control pills and don't let them tell their parents." #1: "What's a birth control pill?" #2: "It helps control birthing, because you know with all of those boys and girls standing so close in schools, they get pregnant." #1: "Mom, I think you need to have that talk with #2 that you had with me." I nearly busted a gut trying not to laugh during all of this!

No comments: