Thursday, January 31, 2008

Yesterday, I noticed a large bird circling the water tower next to our house. Soon afterward my husband yelled to come out back and look. There were lots of those birds flying around and swooping down close to the house. Then I turned and saw them swoop to the barn. The chickens!!! So I put on my boots and ran out to check on them. They were all huddled in the back of the barn and were fine, even the goats were hiding. Then I noticed where those birds were actually going--roadkill on the road in front of us. They were vultures. I went out to get rid of it, and it was a cat. The neighbor in front of us moved their house a few weeks ago, and evidently left their cats. Two have adopted us and seem to be sweet cats, hopefully fixed. Leaving animals is a mean, cruel, irresponsible thing to do. --------- Warning! There is a GI Virus going around. If you are tired, stay home and rest. #1 has something and stayed in his jammies all day yesterday. Somehow #2 took that to mean that he could also stay in his jammies. Today we are just staying home and resting again. Hopefully that will blow it out of here. --------- It has started to sink in to me that we are starting Middle School next year. I am trying to figure out how we are going to work it. I have some ideas, but planning is still going on in this weary brain. I am feeling a bit stretched and thin lately.

1 comment:

Joe Bruzzese said...

Hey I just found your blog. The middle school reference caught my eye. I blog about the transition to middle school and would love to invite you to take a look when you have two minutes: www.thinking-forward.com.
Here's another resource for you as well: http://www.squidoo.com/thinking-forward
Enjoy the weekend ahead.
Regards,
Joe