Tuesday, January 08, 2008

I started yesterday by singing to my children of how they needed to get out of bed, making an early start, help their heart, work out long so they will be strong, etc. #1 asked me to please not wake them that way today. I thought it was a pretty good song. We went to the gym early and had a good work out. I had a "mother tiger" moment. I took the boys to the pool for our cardio workout, and an old woman there started yelling at #2 for splashing her and getting her hair wet. Now, I was trying to tell him to move over to the rope to swim, but her tirade just kept going, so I let her finish and then asked him to move. Then she jumped on me for letting him do that. I understand old women not wanting to wet their hair. They go get it done once a week and then leave it alone. BUT, if you are going to go to the pool you should expect to get a little splash or else wear a shower cap. I thought I would take that woman out back and knock some sense into her-- mother tiger. ---------- I went to the funeral yesterday. It was a long day, but good to be there for my friend. The widow seemed to be holding up well. I imagine it will hit her later today.

No comments: