Saturday, January 12, 2008

I took the boys to a play last night about the White House. It was really good. We all laughed so hard and still learned quite a bit about the White House. Afterward, a couple families went to Krispie Kreme to enjoy a treat together. #1 made a comment about not drinking after a girl because that is how babies are made. The kids laughed and he didn't know why. That hurt his feelings and he had a hard time with the rest of the evening. When I found out what happened, I had a talk with him privately. He told us last year he didn't want to know how it occurs. I asked if he was ready yet. He told me yes, no, maybe. So I gave him enough info to move him along, but not the full details. I told him it would be better for the sake of his embarrassment, not to say anything about how babies are made. Then I wished I could have left him thinking that drinking out of the same cup as a girl would make a baby. It would eliminate a lot of problems, colds being the least. ------------------- I am going goat shopping this afternoon. I hope to come back with 2 pregnant does, Nigerian Dwarfs. They are about the size of a medium to large dog. I went out this morning to check on the chickens and heard two robins calling to each other. Last year it was February before we saw robins. The winter has been so mild I guess they decided to come back early.

No comments: