Friday, January 18, 2008

What a week. I hadn't even realized that I didn't blog all week. I have been gone every day this week to somewhere, and I really don't like weeks like that. Monday night was a 4-H Leaders' meeting that left me feeling overwhelmed. 4-H really has a lot to offer, and you just have to tell yourself that there is no way you could possibly do all of it. Tuesday was an all day 4-H meeting since we didn't have the business meeting the first of the month. We went ice skating, had pizza, and then the business meeting. The highlight there was the induction of #1 as President for the year. Then in the evening, against my better judgment, I met a friend and then spent a couple of hours at the library. I should have stayed home and gotten caught up. Wednesday was spent catching up and running to church. Thursday was spent running ALL day, most of it with 3-5 children in tow. I had hoped for a peaceful evening, but #1 had broken his glasses on Sunday and they were finally done, so out we headed again to get that taken care of. He is happy to see again. So here it is Friday with only one blog. Whew! So much for that Resolution. ------------ Last weekend we had some little friends over to play. They were here at dinner and so I fed them. While they were eating in the dining room I was eating in the kitchen. I could hear the unkind conversation in the other room, so I started singing, "Love one another, for love is of God." The other kids laughed and asked, "Why is your mother singing?" I heard #1 sigh, "Here we go again. This is what she does when we aren't behaving." I thought it was funny, like he was sighing over a lecture or something. ------------ Darkie is in heat again. I will try borrowing Clyde again, but I am afraid he may be too short for her. At least it will make her stop crying all night! I really was hoping for some sleep last night.

No comments: