Wednesday, July 02, 2008

I actually finished the dining room chairs yesterday, and it was so easy I used the left over fabric to cover the piano stool. The room has a whole different look about it now. I absolutely loved using the power stapler. Thanks Jeff! I was looking around the house wondering what else I could recover! The mother of my "extra kids" stopped by to have me sign a paper and I asked her to come in and see the chairs. She said I am way too industrious and need a job. But of course I can't get a job because I can't keep up the pace. Oh well. The boys did well on their first day of school. #1 is studying German this year and would you believe he got a 92% on his first time through the lesson!? We use Rosetta Stone software. #2 is studying French this year; he got something like a 76%, which is still very good for a first time through. After the book work, we headed out to the Career Camp, and they seemed to really enjoy it. They both are interested in reporting and there was a newspaper reporter as one of the speakers, so that helped. I told them last night that they would need to get their work done early this morning. The Electricity Camp starts at 9:00 so we need to leave about 8:30. A friend is coming home with them afterward until 3:30 when we go to Clogging Camp. #1 took that statement so seriously that I heard the shower come on at 5:54 A.M.!!!! We need to discuss time in Math.

No comments: