Friday, July 11, 2008

Today is a day of rest. I have had such a busy schedule for so long that I am looking forward to slowing down and staying home today. A little friend asked if that meant I am going to stay on the couch and do nothing all day. That was obviously a comment from a kid. I don't think such a day exists for me. Yesterday was a full 4-H day. We met at a member's house and the kids made a tree house. The dad of the house had put up the supports already so the kids just had to put in a floor. The moms helped out at the end, but I thought the kids did a good job. While the kids did that, the moms put together a field trip to VA. We are supposed to go in Sept. to attend classes at the Petersburg National Battlefield. Then in October we are to go to Hampton to the Space Center Museum. Instead of going twice, we decided to put together an overnight trip and get it done with. Then I came home with an extra kid, friend of #2. They played a while and then I sent them out to do yard work. It was so hot and humid, that I took them swimming at a friend's house afterward as a treat. The good news around here is that the rain has been falling. We have had rain several times over the last week. It isn't enough yet to have us out of trouble, but it certainly is helping. If we could just have it keep falling at night we should be doing much better. The other good news is that Milky Way's milk is good. Go Goats! Now for the couch...

No comments: