Monday, July 21, 2008

I talked with my mother-in-law last night and she told me she had spoken with some great friends of ours. They were celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary. Congratulations Ed and Carol! See I mentioned their names. Carol reads my blog daily, from what I have been told, she and her daughter, Katherine, who also reads, find it humorous that I mention the animals' names, but never family members. They understand that it is for safety reasons, and a bit of reputation protection for the kids when they get older, but still find it amusing. So today, one day only, I thought I would mention all of the names of our family with the animals' names. See if you can find us... Ugly, Blind Boy, Miss Brown, Goldie, Plymouth, Virginia, Milky Way, Oreo, Emma, Sam, Amos, Madison, Ashten, Jameson, Jonathan, Kelly, Darkie, Faye, Traci, Mary, Matthew, Moe, Karla, Darla, Luke, Pete, and many others whom I have never named. 27 chicks would be very difficult! Thanks for reading, Carol and Katherine! ------------ I took #2 to Hancock Fabric yesterday, and was struck upside the head with his ADD. I have never had him tested, nor do I expect to test him. I think he does fine for an active boy; he just needs redirected at times. We went looking for thread and a little bit of fabric so he could line purses he is sewing for his cousins for Christmas. As soon as he saw the signs "1/2 Off Sale" he was hooked! He went right up to a sales clerk and asked if the 1/2 off sale was for everything. She explained the sale to him, and off he went for the sale products. All of the colors and textures had him jumping from one table to the next coming up with ideas for all of the wonderful things he could make with each fabric. He picked a gray mottled fabric to make something, he didn't know what, just anything with that fabric would be fabulous in his opinion. After about half an hour I said, "Ok. Let's find the thread that we came for. Focus." He was walking behind me and I could hear him saying to himself, "Focus. Got to find thread. Focus. " He is such a funny little guy. We ended up with two fabrics for the purses, and one for a baby blanket for the new nephew/cousin. Everyone in the store was enthralled by this boy who was buying fabric. He told the lady how much to cut, and paid by himself with his own money. He was a joy to watch. We hit the sewing machine as soon as we got home. Somehow my Sunday afternoon Siesta evaporated in Hancock's, but what wonderful memories I will have.

No comments: