Wednesday, July 09, 2008

We returned last night from a non-vacation. We went home to WV and visited everyone, which is a wonderful thing to do, but does not leave one rested. We saw Hubby's grandmothers, several cousins, aunts and uncles on both sides, and our own parents and one brother and his family. It has been very rainy in WV this summer, so we had to go around some of the weather, but for the most part it was pleasant for us. We managed to get a visit in to the Good Zoo in Wheeling, and a couple of times to the pools. I, however, did not swim. All of the rain and cool temps didn't have the water warm enough for my delicate body. The kids enjoyed the diving boards. I enjoyed seeing my nieces and nephew. It was my first time to meet him, and he looks so much like my boys did. It was a wonderful trip down Memory Lane for me. The first niece is very happy to talk your ear off, and she adores my boys, so she is a lot of fun. The second niece is very opinionated for a 1 year old, and so she cracks me up, even though she drives her parents nuts. It was fun to get to know all of them better. We got back last night and got everything settled. The goats needed fed, and boy have they grown! I put Oreo away last night along with Emma, so that I could milk his mother this morning. She did really well. I set her milk aside so we can try it when it is cool and see if it tastes good yet. He is about 5 weeks old, so I hope it is good. Milky Way did a good job while I milked her. Her mother, Millie, always dried up after I took off her boy kids, so I am hoping that Milky Way doesn't follow in her footsteps. I hope to take Oreo to the stock sale in a couple of weeks. The kids have started school, and jumped right back into it today. #2 has a day camp today to learn some sewing skills. #1 is trying to complete his science lesson. That has been an enlightening experience for both of us. This is his first real text book, and he doesn't know how to use it. I hadn't thought about that when I made the assignments, so I am having to go back and teach him how to use a text. He is in 6th grade.

No comments: