Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Summer is officially over for us. School starts today. I finished lesson plans yesterday for the month of July. Before everyone freaks out about my poor children...they finished the last grade in April. We take off May and June while the weather is cooler, and then start up in July when the weather is too hot to go outside in the afternoon. Then we mix school with fun stuff like day camps through 4-H. So today, their first day, they will do Bible, foreign language, vocabulary, and then go to spend the day learning about careers. Tomorrow they will spend the morning learning about electricity- and even use a soldering iron!! You see they love school in July. Too bad it doesn't last all year, but other fun things are in the plans, like a geography co-op about Asia, swimming lessons, square dancing lessons, a video documentary contest, a field trip to a gold mine and to a battlefield, and at the end of July we have a trip to a sea turtle rehab hospital. Those turtles really get into the nightlife at the beach! No, they get lost or hurt and need help to recover. Don't we all? So what will I be doing while the boys are away at "school"? A friend brought his power stapler last night for me to borrow. So today I am recovering the dining room chairs. We did the first one last night to practice, and it looks really nice. The fabric I chose is NOT BLUE! I have had blue chairs for 12 years. I have recovered them many times, but I always pick a variant on the blue theme. I still like blue, but thought this fabric might look nice in the dining room. It brings out the golden tones in the wooden floor, and it picks up more of the green in the wall. You'll have to come to dinner when I am done and see it for yourself.

No comments: