Sunday, July 27, 2008

I believe that God has daily intervention in my life. I believe this because he asks us to pray to him. I believe it because he tells us in parables that we are very important to him. I believe it because he sacrificed greatly in order to have a relationship with me. But how much does he have a daily intervention? Does he find parking spots for me? Does he help me find the phone when it has been misplaced, or the papers, or the keys, or the many other things I seem to misplace? Does he change the weather to help me with a schedule or event? I don't think he does those things, though if I asked him for help finding something I do think he would remind me where it might be. Perhaps I don't have enough faith because I don't ask him to help me with these trivial daily activities. I do however ask him daily to help with the bigger issues of life...how to discipline the boys, how to talk to a friend, health issues for friends and family, etc. But it is awesome (and I mean that in the strictest term) how he can take care of my daily requests and also take care of the billions of other people in the world. Yet he doesn't answer the starving in Africa, the women who are enslaved, or the war torn regions filled with hatred. How can I say that he answers me with my little troubles? I know part of the answer God gives these hurting people is me. I can help feed people, I can speak up for women's rights, I can teach love and acceptance where hatred has been learned. Right now I am questioning why God asked Hubby to not teach this fall at the college, and why I didn't get the Kindergarten teaching position. Both positions seem to be so right for us, but we certainly felt God's involvement in both situations. Are we nuts? Did others not listen to God? Is it all our imagination? Is it some sort of test? Does #2 need us to be with him a while longer? Is there a bigger plan? I don't know.

No comments: