Friday, July 18, 2008

It is raining! Pouring even!! I have left the laundry on the line and am not one bit upset; we need the rain so badly. I heard recently that our county farmers have lost $12 million in corn this summer. My husband was telling me that and then commented, "How do people survive?" I said I just don't know and I feel so sorry for the farmers. He looked at me oddly and then told me he had moved on and was talking about how do people survive without a cell phone. It was a sarcastic remark. The guy in the truck in front of us had been on his cell for several miles, talking all the way. I don't know, but I survive fine. Back to the farmers...I think I may leave my laundry on the line for a few days and see if it helps! A friend commented to me today that I must have had a busy week because I haven't been blogging. Yes, it has been busy. The kids had day camps and so I used that free time to tear out the old floor in the dressing room and put down new tile. It looks one million times better, though I still need to put down molding around the walls- there had never been any before- and put in the thresholds. If my kids went away every week I would have this place looking like a mansion. Today I called our realtor to ask about an appraisal estimate and she said, "How about if I come over and look this afternoon?" Boy that will make a woman clean a house faster than anything! So the house is looking really great right now. Anyone want to come to dinner? Before anyone gets scared that we are moving- or excited!- we are just interested in adding on upstairs and were wondering about prices. Our realtor is great and keeps on working for us 3 years later. She was also bringing over a deed that she has worked on so that we own all the way to the ditch next to our barn. I know that only makes sense to a few of you. So we paid for the 25 feet next to the ditch, and now we own land! Not mortgaged land, but actually OWN land! Guess if we get foreclosed on we can always pitch a tent!

No comments: