Tuesday, September 09, 2008

I am sure you all think I fell off the face of the Earth. In reality, I just got really busy, which left me feeling like I fell off of something. My husband got a bee in his bonnet last week and we started ripping out an old shed. It took the entire week. Along with that we were trying to refinance the house, so that we can get some work done on it. That took a long time; trying to get everyone to give me a quote and bid the other people down. We ended up with a fair percentage, I think. Now it just has to pass the appraisal amount that we had guessed, so we can get the money. Then my in-laws came for a visit in the middle of it all. We love to have them visit, and had planned some fun activities to do with them. We went to the museum in Raleigh, and Hubby and I saw the Dead Sea Scrolls exhibit while the grandparents took the boys around the rest of the museum. I like history, so the exhibit was interesting to me, but the scrolls themselves were not impressive. There are only fragments on display, and very small ones at that. Then we ate at Red Hot and Blue. Yum! On Saturday, Hubby and F-I-L went to the WVU game. We lost terribly, and they returned with their chins on the ground. M-I-L and I took the boys bowling and out to eat. That was more fun, at least one of us won! Sunday, after church and a potluck, we headed to the shore for the afternoon. It was a beautiful day after the storm of Hannah passing through the day before. Yesterday was spent running errands BY MYSELF! My wonderful mother-in-law watched the kids while I went to the grocery store alone. I needed time to check over my coupons and look closely at deals. That always goes better alone. Then last night I got a date with my husband. We think it was sometime in May or June that we last went on a date. We went to Olive Garden and then ran the rest of the errands that I had missed. That may not sound very exciting, but we had adult conversation without anyone annoying another person. It was great! Today the in-laws went back home. Poor F-I-L pulled something in his neck last week and he has been miserable the whole time he was here. They had planned to stay today and see the kids give their presentations at Geography Co-op, but he really needs to get back to a doctor. Now we are back into the heat of regular life. The refinance stuff should go through this week, so soon we will have lots of people running around here looking at my precious house to find problems with it. I just don't like the thought of that. The plan is to add 2 bedrooms and a sitting room upstairs in the attic. I do like the thought of that.

No comments: